About Me

I'm 21 years old - I'm interested in computers and anything about computers. I'm studying to get my HD or more in Software Engineering. I like travelling to other countries. I would like to try a fantastic parachute jump again. I already jumped 5 times. I flew a small plane for 16 hours and it was a great experience. Flying a plane is one of the most exciting experiences that I have ever had. The plane was a Cessna 152, a model from the year 1976. I had the idea that planes were like cars. I thought that an old plane was as dangerous as an old car. I was wrong. My blog will be about global warming, climate change and other subjects that the teacher will give us to submit. We will summarize the articles to understand the concept of the main subject. I'll use some skills like critical thinking, summarizing and organizing to make my articles look professional. There will be some main points that I'll need to analyze to make it easier for the reader to understand the main point of the subject. Another main skill I'll need to use to make my opinion clear and professional is using critical thinking skills to search for the perfect answers.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Traditions weigh on China’s women

Summary:


China is the only country where suicide is being committed by more women than men. The problem is that women commit suicide in rural areas more than cities by three times. The ready availability of the venomous pesticides in the rural areas and farms is one of the reasons that increase the number of women who kill themselves in China. Tradition is one of the reasons that affect the women because she’s being sold like an item and she needs to fit into the husband’s family. The women are being forced into another foreign environment; completely strange to her original family and she needs to accept this. When it comes to the planned marriages even the husband may feel that his wife doesn’t like him, she doesn’t suit him and that leads to fights and many arguments. Xie Lihua says that if women live in a friendly environment and they feel safe there won’t be any suicide and hey will live happily. Women in China often find that the best way to get away from misery is to commit suicide and leave everything behind. Arranged marriages are illegal but the traditions are hard to change. There is another problem that increases the danger which is that women are less numerous than men in China. This problem where women are less than men could lead to abduction of women, trafficking, prostitution, sexual violence and rape. Xu Rong's organization is trying to reduce these horrible numbers of suicides by offering women jobs and giving them some information on mental health. Xu Rong’s organization has decreased the number of women suicides in many rural areas and they are trying to spread nationwide to help other rural places.

Main idea:


Women in China are committing suicide because of the strict traditions of their families. The ways of suicide are easy in the rural areas where poison is easy to reach. Government is trying to reduce the number of suicides but it’s still hard to do that because of the birth control and the number of women to men. Xu Rong’s organization started to help women since 1998 and it has already helped a lot of women to continue their lives naturally.

Opinion:


In my judgment its China’s government’s responsibility and they have to lend a hand to all the families in China to reduce the number of women suicides. There are some organizations that are eager to help out the Chinese women and it’s effective for the Chinese women. They must maintain these organizations and support them.

No comments: